Companies are constantly looking for more effective and profitable ways to train employees, especially when it comes to safety. Therefore, it is necessary to use different training methods to reach more users.
Industrial safety trainings should be easy to remember so that employees can easily apply the acquired knowledge in practice.
Problems that an employer faces with standard methods of industrial safety training:
· Repetitive actions at work erase the effect of novelty and dull a person's sense of danger.
· Minor violations of rules and regulations on industrial safety form a habit of breaking the rules.
· The effect of unpunished violations inspires and leads to a reassessment of one's own strengths and capabilities, arrogance.
· Distraction to external stimuli directly during class reduces the quality of learning.
Stress, fatigue, haste combined with the causes above creates a resonance effect and the likelihood of an accident increases.
The technology of virtual reality allows you to convey the necessary information in a new exciting way, transforming the learning process from theoretical to practical. The use of VR results in increased productivity, reduced errors in the workplace, and an improved overall safety culture. In addition, this format of training always arouses more interest among employees than the usual briefing. Virtual reality allows you to simulate real life situations, so every action in VR has its consequences. This allows you to make mistakes and repeat tasks again without damaging the equipment and without injuring anyone in the process.
To develop skills to improve safety culture, it is required to implement training in the following situations:
· imitation of dangerous actions in conditions as close to real as possible;
· reproduction of the consequences of wrong actions, which can be really felt "for yourself";
· simulating an atmosphere of stress and haste to make the worker aware of how great the influence of these factors on safety is.
Virtual reality allows you to implement such training without risk to life and health.
Thanks to VR technology, you can:
· Realistically simulate the processes of performing hazardous work and actions in emergency situations;
· Feel the consequences for life and health if the rules are violated. Learning from their mistakes, people act more consciously and carefully. For example, falling from a height is quite realistic in VR;
· Feel the impact of stress, haste and fatigue on operations. Understand that even knowing all the rules and trying to follow them, you can make a mistake while in one of these states;
· Ensure maximum concentration on learning – the field of vision and hearing is limited by glasses, no distractions to foreign objects.
As a result, the skill of correct actions in stressful situations and conscious safety is developed, an objective test of the knowledge and skills of the staff is carried out.
As part of VR training in industrial safety, you can fully master the following areas:
· Fire action
· Office security
· First aid in case of electric shock
· Work at height
· Finding on construction sites
· And others
Using our Courz® platform, you can constantly update the course content if you have new industrial equipment or regulations change. You can also evaluate and record students' actions in real time for data analysis.
If you have any questions about the article, we will be glad to answer any of your questions. Contact us via the contact form.